Re: [Full-Disclosure] IE Web Browser: 'Sitting Duck'

On Tue, July 6, 2004 9:38 am, Barry Fitzgerald said:
> Frank Knobbe wrote:
>>Heh... I just noticed (by chance) that there is an option in |Control
>>Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Windows Components| to remove Internet
>>Explorer (which supposedly "Adds or removes access to Internet Explorer
>>from the Start menu and Desktop").
>
> Does it work now?

It might remove the icons so you cannot launch it, but since the desktop
is a thread of IE, it can't possibly remove the browser from the system.

-Eric

--
arctic bears - affordable email and name services @yourdomain.com
http://www.arcticbears.com