Re: [Full-Disclosure] IE Web Browser: "Sitting Duck"

Frank Knobbe wrote:

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 09:27, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Is it impossible to remove easily and difficult to remove cleanly? Yes...

Heh... I just noticed (by chance) that there is an option in |Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Windows Components| to remove Internet Explorer (which supposedly "Adds or removes access to Internet Explorer from the Start menu and Desktop").

I never thought I see the say where MS makes the removal (or at least
hiding) of IE an option :)

Cheers,
Frank

Does it work now?

It's always been there to my knowledge, but in the past it's never actually removed it - just reverted to the prior version.

Which version of Windows are you looking at?

-Barry

_______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html