Re: [Full-Disclosure] Mystery phone lines, something is hiding and answering.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:55:39PM -0700, Eddie  wrote:

> I tried calling the numbers with my laptop and cell phone (with Caller ID
> turned off). Most of the lines won't connect with
> No Carrier, but one, I get the string " ** 01 Communications TermServ **" and
> a login prompt.

Credit- or bank-card validation systems rely on dial-up phone lines.
I bet you'll find some of those lines coming out next to the cash
registers.

--
"For every bad economic model you see, there are twenty in the walls."
- Lore Sjoberg

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html