Re: [Full-Disclosure] Mystery phone lines, something is hiding and answering.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Eddie  wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried calling the numbers with my laptop and cell phone (with Caller ID
> turned off). Most of the lines won't connect with
> No Carrier, but one, I get the string " ** 01 Communications TermServ **" and
> a login prompt.

> Friday, I will be spending the day in a very hot place with a flashlight in
> one hand, and a toner in the other tracing wires,
> but I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions. I have never
> seen anything like this before and I am
> stumped on what is going on.
>
> Thanks for any and all help
> Eddie

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Communications+TermServ%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3ec3fe3e_1%40news3.buffnet.net&rnum=1

Maybe a Windows box connected to a phone line acting as a terminal server?

E.
--
Eric LeBlanc
inouk@xxxxxxx