Re: [Full-Disclosure] Mystery phone lines, something is hiding and answering.

Nope. They are not credit card,  or security/fire system numbers. I figured out
what numbers those are connected to.
And it's not any point of sale numbers. The data is polled from a computer in
the back and that number is accounted for.

Thanks
Eddie

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:30:44 -0400, Mike Hoye wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:55:39PM -0700, Eddie  wrote:
>>
>> I tried calling the numbers with my laptop and cell phone (with Caller ID
>> turned off). Most of the lines won't connect with
>> No Carrier, but one, I get the string " ** 01 Communications TermServ **"
>> and a login prompt.
>
>Credit- or bank-card validation systems rely on dial-up phone lines.
>I bet you'll find some of those lines coming out next to the cash
>registers.
>
>--
>"For every bad economic model you see, there are twenty in the walls."
>- Lore Sjoberg

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html