Re: [Full-Disclosure] Mystery phone lines, something is hiding and answering.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:55:39PM -0700, Eddie  wrote:
> I tried calling the numbers with my laptop and cell phone (with Caller ID
> turned off). Most of the lines won't connect with
> No Carrier, but one, I get the string " ** 01 Communications TermServ **" and
> a login prompt.

From the (probably customized) banner, I think you're accessing the
backdoor maintenance access of some equipment, probably a telephone
switch. Many companies will install such a direct access to the
on-site systems they're contracted to support so they can do remote
maintenance.

It might be something else, but that would be my first guess: remote
maintenance for some telephone stuff. See if you can find a reference
to "01 Communications" in a support contract, either as the supporting
company, or the equipment supplier/reseller.

--
Vincent ARCHER
varcher@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tel : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 14
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 27
Deny All - 5, rue Scribe - 75009 Paris - France
www.denyall.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html