[Full-Disclosure] Whois acting funny in FreeBSD

Today I've noticed something weird on all my FreeBSD boxes. When I whois domains like msn.com, microsoft.com, aol.com and others I get stuff like:

$ whois msn.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

MSN.COM.TW
MSN.COM.SUCKS.FIND.CRACKZ.WITH.SEARCH.GULLI.COM
MSN.COM

My linux boxes seem to work fine. When I query a specific whois server such as whois.networksolutions.com it works fine also. Is anyone else getting anything like this? I'm thinking maybe the default whois server that the whois program queries has been compromised? I'm not sure what the default whois server is.

-Chris

_______________________________________________ Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html