Re: [Full-disclosure] Benign Worms

On Sat, May 14, 2005 11:26 am, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx said:
> No, I meant "visiting salecritter  plugs into your net

Eeek! In the current world of hacks and worms everywhere, I would suggest
you don't allow that. Otherwise, what's to stop visiting salescritter from
releasing a malicious worm and/or using other means to steal data? In an
age where more and more governments are passing legislation to hold the
executive personally accountable for what happens to private customer
data, a corporate policy that says "nothing not owned/managed by the
corporation goes on the corporate network" is not an unreasonable stance
to take, and one I've seen written into policy at more than one site. I
feel dirty just thinking about salescritter's laptop on my network! ;)

-Eric

--
arctic bears - email and dns services
http://www.arcticbears.com