Re: [Full-disclosure] Benign Worms

On Fri, 13 May 2005 15:43:44 CDT, "J.A. Terranson" said:

> On Fri, 13 May 2005, k k wrote:
>
> > There is debate surrounding whether releasing benign worms such as Nachi or
> > Welcha,
>
> First off, lets get something straight: Neither of your two examples was
> in any way "benign".  Both of these cost carriers and their customers
> *billions* of dollars.  Many of us spent weeks with little to no sleep
> cleaning up the mess these "benign viruses" created.

He confused "Once upon a time, some of us thought it might be a good idea,
until we thought it through and realized it was a Bad Idea.  Unfortunately,
newbies keep falling out of trees and re-inventing Bad Ideas" with "this is
a topic where clued reputable people can hold different opinions on the issue".