Re: [Full-disclosure] sendmail exploit

Hi Migalo,

migalo digalo wrote:
Of course, if you're still running 8.8, there's about 3 zillion OTHER issues
you  could exploit instead....

i think it's really a 8.8 (redhat6.2) and not a honeypot or thing like that ,if that waht you mean,and yes nessus give other critical warning about apache 1.3.12 ,the snag is there is no working exploit for thus vulerabilities (or at least i can't found any)and i have no time to make one by my self. so Valdis can you give me some examples of " about 3 zillion OTHER issues you could exploit instead....".

A good start would be:

http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=sendmail
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/keyword/ (search for sendmail)

You'll have to review each vuln listed to see whether it affects your version.

cheers

Andrew

Speaking for myself only -- Andrew Simmons Technical Security Consultant MessageLabs

asimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 www.messagelabs.com

MessageLabs - Be certain