Re: [Full-disclosure] PWCK Overflow POC Code Redhat/Suse older versions or something (maybe later too)

On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:22:46 PDT, Day Jay said:
> I never "claimed" to be a master at c coding or being
> the greatest like this guy did and he *still*
> hardcoded his shit and he's probably still mad.

No, hardcoded would be if you removed this line of code:

                  case 'a':     addr = strtol(optarg, 0, 16); break;

What he's got is called a *default value*.

If you can't tell which is which, it might be a good idea to not bring it
up any further.  If you're going to try to insult somebody by accusing them
of something (like "hardcoding"), you could either do the world a favor and
make sure you understand the meaning of the accusation, or be *creative*:
http://asmallvictory.net/archives/006323.html  (See the entry about Florida's
Senator George Smathers about half-way down).

(Hints for the unclued:  Try getting your code to run with a different value
than '1700' without either recompiling or using a hex editor.  Then get his code
to run with a different value using '-a'.  Then read this:

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/H/hardcoded.html

and let us know when you've figured it out....)