Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer not seeing KB887742 and KB88 6185

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:24:00AM -0700, James Lay wrote:
> Subject line says it all....just did a fresh install of WinXP SP2....was
> using MBSAFU to make sure it would patch...which it did.  However Windows
> Update shows still needing KB887742 and KB886185.  MBSA shows no critical
> patches need updated.  Systeminfo shows that both KB887742 and KB886185 are
> NOT installed.  I'm using latest MBSA.  Anyone else see this?  Kinda sucks
> :(

Last time I tried to force upgrade the local copies of Windows that did
not automatically update , those two patches were not downloadable from
the Microsoft upgrade site. No idea why they were moved/removed - all
the windows computers that had normally updated in time had them (we
don't run a local SUS).
--
Vincent ARCHER
varcher@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tel : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 14
Fax : +33 (0)1 40 07 47 27
Deny All - 5, rue Scribe - 75009 Paris - France
www.denyall.com

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html