Re: [Full-Disclosure] Teen hacker controls ebay

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 01:57:27PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Gaurang Pandya:
>
> > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18288 Says, a teen
> > hacker "he had managed to become the new owner of
> > eBay.de." can any one tell me what do they mean by
> > this..did he actually changed ip address at DNS or its
> > DNS Cache poisioning or something else??
>
> The delegation was changed because Ebay's registrar for the .DE zone,
> TUCOWS, didn't object when asked by DENIC whether the change was
> alright.

The "asking" was actually two programs "talking", right? Or did they
really called one another on the phone (i.e. human to human)?

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html