[Full-Disclosure] Re: Motivations... of White Hats

1) "type of target" - you don't care what it is as
long as you can find something quick and post it to
bugtraq, I wonder if the white hat population will
produce the number of projects on Source Forge

2) "identity of target" - The target has been selected
because you'll get fame, or you'll make them angry;
see the attached fucktheo.c

3) "monetary/related gain" - you really don't care who
the target is, it's all
about the paycheck - whether it's $300 from idefense
with exploit-for-pay, or a career as a "security
expert"...

Who needs hats?

I think there are a number of other anti-social
factors, but you get the point ;)

Oh and if you really think you know the "enemy",
you're  lying to yourself or you limited your
"acceptible" set of "attackers".  I'd be shocked if
you knew what you were "securing".

www.Maxpatrol.com - MaxPatrol is a professional
network security scanner distinguished by its
uncompromisingly high quality of scanning, optimized
for effective use by companies of any size (serving
from a few to tens of thousands of nodes).