Re: [Full-Disclosure] Firefox 0.92 DoS via TinyBMP

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:23:39PM +0200, thE_iNviNciblE wrote:
> there is a security vulnerability in Firebox 0.92 (latest Version)
>
> http://www.4rman.com/exploits/tinybmp.htm
>
> this link causes that your virutal memory will be rise up 1,2 GB used
> Memory...
>
> maybe Thunderbird 0.72 is also vulnerable via HTML.

Are you certain this is a vuln in Firefox?

On W2K SP4 fully patched: I can verify that opening that page in
Firefox 0.9.2 causes VM to balloon.

However, I get almost identical results opening the same page in IE
6sp1, and can cause excessive VM consumption by opening little.bmp
referenced in your page in MS Paint.

st3ng4h

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html