Re: [Full-Disclosure] Firefox 0.92 DoS via TinyBMP

this made my mozilla 1.71 run slow and spiked my ram usage above 100 megs for a seconds..but no increase in paging file usage..when i shutdown the tab with that link mozie worked fine.

thE_iNviNciblE wrote:

Hi,

there is a security vulnerability in Firebox 0.92 (latest Version)

http://www.4rman.com/exploits/tinybmp.htm

this link causes that your virutal memory will be rise up 1,2 GB used Memory...

maybe Thunderbird 0.72 is also vulnerable via HTML.

credits to: StupidWhiteMan

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html