Re: [Full-Disclosure] Microsoft Faces Angry IE Users' Questions

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 23:58, Eric Paynter wrote:
> I'm a little confused by what you mean here. The "user:pwd@" prefix is a
> part of the URI standard documented in the RFC. As far as I can tell, the
> patently incorrect part is that they removed it and thus made the browser
> (even more) lacking in standards support. It's a simple example of how MS
> solves problems:

I believe the issue was that there is no such thing as "user:pwd@" for
http: or any other URI's with the exception of FTP:

Just because it is described in an RFC for FTP doesn't mean that you can
go ahead and add this capability to everything else that trails a colon.

If you feel otherwise, please show us an RFC that describes "user:pwd@"
for http:.

Regards,
Frank