Re: [Full-Disclosure] PIX vs CheckPoint; IMHO Netscreen is farsuperior

> You gotta be more specific than FW-1.  FW-1 can run over a large number
> of OS.  You can get FW-1 for WinNT, Solaris, Linux, BSD . Each has the
> strengths and weaknesses of the underlying OS.  Also FW-1 can run on a
> large number of hardware platforms, PCI, Compact-PCI, Sparc, etc.  Each
> has it's strengths and weaknesses.

I couldn't find the original for this in my inbox but the poster is wrong.

For details on what platforms FW-1 is really supported on, see this
document:

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/downloads/firewall-1_datasheet.pdf

Darren

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.