Re: [Full-Disclosure] no more public exploits

Hello,

johnny cyberpunk wrote:
this is an anouncement that i personally have no more intention to publish any further exploits to the public.

sad to read that. But it's your decision we have to accept, if we agree or not, if we like it or not.

too many flames from guys who are too lame to use the exploits or to fix offsets for other targets. too many risks that kiddies around the
world use it for bad purposes.

I can understand the first, but not the second. In order to avoid
kiddies to use your code, just release source code that is a little bit buggy - with some typos, for example. In contrast to pentesters, kiddies are usually not able to find and correct bugs in a source code, so the code will be useless for them.

i saw, that the original intention, to publish exploits, for pentesting or patch verifing purposes didn't work.

IMHO your intention to publish exploits *does* work. But: There will always be some people that use published exploits for, hmmm, let's say: other purposes. Did you really think that would never happen with yours? That's hard to believe.

> remember, that i speak just for me, not for the rest of the group.

I hope that others - not only in your group - will not follow your example.

GTi

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html