Re: [inbox] RE: [Full-Disclosure] Cisco LEAP exploit tool...

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:42:44 -0500
"Curt Purdy" <purdy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  My estimation is that
> considering the walls in the building, you would be doing good to pick
> up anything 100 yards from the building edge, even with a yagi.

NO, when we have a very nice weather we pick everybody's AP in their buidling
easily at 2 km..
and we have a very strong signal, with little noise.
SO it could be far, you need fourth the power to have twice the distance, so i
think we could do
10km-->15km with the good signal we have.
We use senao 200mw card and an orinoco yagi (14db), and we surf often in this
configuration, with this AP long away
and inside buildings.
So i laugh when i see admin testing outside a bank the signal strengh with only
a laptop ;)
..now the little secret is given, and so many people now it for many years.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html