Re: [Full-Disclosure] The new Microsoft math: 1 patch for 14 vulnerabilities, MS04-011

Dave Aitel wrote:

|> Exactly the point of full disclosure.  If someone with a serious
|> axe to
|
| grind would have stumbled onto the ASN.1 flaw before the Eeye
| notice, it could have been an ELE* for MS and some major
| corporations.
|
|> Let's see, unpatched ASN.1 + Flash Worm = ?
|

| I think you seriously underestimate the hacking skills of eeye,
| there are very few who could turn the bugs they find into full blow
|  root level exploits.
|
| Geo.

That's retarded. Immunity is releasing a universal, repeatable, lsass
exploit in about 5 minutes to our CANVAS customers, for example, and
we're sure everyone else is done as well. For bonus credit we're
including a working ASN.1 exploit that owns IIS, Exchange, and
everything else...

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.
http://www.immunitysec.com/CANVAS/ "Have your hacking skills
underestimated by random people on FD"

And how much effort do you have to put into finding new staff? The guys at eEye are very good, and geo simply made the point that there are few people that good. Immunity happens to be one of them. Take it as a compliment, not an insult.

--
Benjamin Meade
System Administrator

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.