RE: [inbox] [Fwd: Re: [Full-Disclosure] MCSE training question]

Alexander MacLennan wrote:
> A certificate is intended to give you the skills to operate a
> particular
> product or suite of products. The certificate may or may not
> teach you
> the fundamentals behind the product.

Actually that only applies to vendor certs like MCSE.  Both CISSP and GIAC
certs are in a different class of certs that apply to technologies, not
products, i.e. information security, auditing, and even in the case of CEH
(which I would not touch with a 10-foot pole), hacking.

Curt Purdy CISSP, GSEC, MCSE+I, CNE, CCDA
Information Security Engineer
DP Solutions

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
-- White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html