Re: [Full-Disclosure] Bugfinder Being Indicted As Criminal ("Counterfeiter") in France

Paul Schmehl wrote:
First of all, I never said there was a lack of stupidity *or* stifling bureaucracy in America. Far from it. But I *do* think Europe has mastered the art.

WRT the DMCA, I hope you understand that's simply the enabling legislation for the US version based upon the world-wide treaty (<http://www.wipo.int/> ) that your country (and 179 other ones - <http://www.wipo.int/about-wipo/en/members/member_states.html>) also signed and agreed to enforce? (Not that agreement of the entire world automatically makes it right anyway.)

In case you're not aware of it, your country has amended the copyright laws several times recently to obtain compliance with the WIPO.

<http://www.dcita.gov.au/Article/0,,0_1-2_12-3_213-4_14299,00.html>

The RIAA? Un, that's a private, industry owned, advocacy group. Not sure how you think that fits in with my comments about bureaucrats???

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. And yes, I am aware of our own efforts (or lack there of) in this area. It just struck me as a pot/kettle sorta situation.

--
Benjamin Meade
System Administrator

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.