RE: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Internet Explorer URL parsing vulnerability

Really?  I kind of doubt it, since I would never click on a link in an
email message that had anything to do with financial matters.  I doubt
that you would either - 0day or not.

The point isn't that the URL obfuscates the true source.  The point is
that people shouldn't be clicking on URLs in email, if they have to do
with financial matters, in the first place.  Sure, if someone sends you
an email that says "1000 killed in earthquake" and provides a link, you
*might* click on it and get some malware, but who in their right mind
would click on a link that says "Update your banking information here"?

(Yes, I know plenty of doofuses do this, but they're the same people who
would travel to Nigeria to pick up their check.  No amount of education
can overcome terminal stupidity.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas