Re: [Full-Disclosure] Increase probe on UDP port 1026

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:16:23 +0100 Nicob <nicob@nicob.net> wrote:
> I captured some packets and it appears to be (only) a Windows Messenger
> "spam" for a "penis enlargement" product.

I caught one last night scanning 1026/UDP and 1030/UDP and doing popups
directing people to www.PopAdStop.com.  The 1026/UDP and related traffic
is *definitely* popup spam related.  At this point, I suspect that the
malware is getting onto computers via .HTA mime or ADODB.Stream vulnerabilites
in IE.  However, I have no proof of this yet.

BTW, I did `wget http://www.PopAdStop.com` a little bit ago.  Looks like
they could win an obfuscated JavaScript contest.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html