RE: [Full-Disclosure] Increase probe on UDP port 1026

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 03:10, Rodrigues, Philip wrote:
> I'm sitting in front of two Class B's.  We saw a steady increase in the unique
> external IPs scanning us for UDP 1026, 1030 today since 0700 EST.  This chart
> shows the number of unique external IPs with incoming UDP 1026 traffic per
> hour
> since noon.

This was discussed this month on some french security related
newsgroups, and it seems that most of the scans have a source port of
666/UDP.

I captured some packets and it appears to be (only) a Windows Messenger
"spam" for a "penis enlargement" product.

F*cking spammers ...

--
Nicob <nicob@nicob.net>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.