Re: [Full-Disclosure] MS Blaster author / morning_wood misinformed

Whenever someone makes the analogy about breaking into someone's
computer and breaking into someone's house, I always must suggest
otherwise.

Say I live across the street from you, and am out on my lawn talking to
you while you're on your lawn, yelling across the street. And let's say
that through this conversation, I get you to "accidentaly" yell your
social security number at me. (this is also assumeing I don't do
anything with your SS number)

Who's fault is this?

I'm not saying that my analogy works better than yours, i'm just saying
that there exists no perfect analogy between the electronic and physical
world, and that applying conventional property laws to the internet ( or
"intellectual property") is a bad idea.

So could we all stop trying to force our instinctive reactions about
cyber-ethics on everyone else, and actualy think for a little while
about what really is acceptable and inacceptable? Could we finally stop
treating these definitly non-physical-world problems as such, and stop
applying laws and ethics intended for physical property on issues that
certainly have no connection to physical property?

This is a dificult topic. I certainly don't have the answers. But let's
think about this first, not argue our first reactions.

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 09:37, darren@hushmail.com wrote:

> Hi Donald,
>
> Interesting (child-like) thoughts,

Interesting, to me it seems most child like to me to attempt apply
concepts from a familiar world to an unfamiliar world, rather than
trying to understand the unfamiliar world for what it is itself.
--

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html