Re: [Full-Disclosure] AV "feature" does more DDoS than Sobig

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 16:16, Vladimir Parkhaev wrote:
> Quoting William Warren (hescominsoon@adelphia.net):
> > this is the very reason i block all executables at my firewall...plus it
> > reduces the load on my workstations from having to scan all that
> > garbage..<G>
>
> firewall? the best place to block IMHO will be on mail gateways
> ( you can bounce it with a nice message like 'atttachements of this
> type are not welcome here' )....

Which considering the subject of this thread is particularly amusing.
AV software sending back too many "you have a virus" warnings?  No
problem!  Just send them directly from the mail gateway instead, it will
make a huge difference ;-)

--
James Greenhalgh <james.greenhalgh@worldpay.com>

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.