Re: [Full-Disclosure] JAP back doored

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
 cite="mid20030823030046.GA10518@elvander.otherlands.net">
    <pre wrap="">Yes every tool can be mis-used in one or another direction. In my eyes
fighting child pornography justifies the step to observe a connection.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
It's just that child pornography is starting to be used as a blanket
crime which is used to justify increased goverment and police
survelllience, much like terrorism.  Of course, I don't want anyone
who is guilty of a crime against children to get away with it, but I
also don't want my natural feelings regarding the well-being of
children to be used to monitor otherwise legal activies.  Citizens
possessing the means to communicate or gather information privately
is, of course, of great interest to most authories, IMO.</pre>
Now I think we are pretty close to a dead lock because any legal
activity is supposed not to be watched but you cannot know wether
someting is legal without watching it. It is pretty obvious that
criminals have a special interest in anonymity. In this case care must
be taken that the data gathered by the government is used exclusively
to prosecute the suspected criminal. <br>
 cite="mid20030823030046.GA10518@elvander.otherlands.net">
    <pre wrap="">I totally aggree with you that the users should have been informed -
even if it perverts the idea of observation. It is absolutely not ok to
pretend anonymity and not providing it. But Drew was arguing against the
german government and I still think it was correct what they did: They
heard about a crime and tried to prosecute it.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
True, it's just how they tried that concerns me.  At any rate, this
should be a leason to everyone, don't trust things outside of your
total control.</pre>
ACK<br>
 cite="mid20030823030046.GA10518@elvander.otherlands.net">
  <pre wrap="">

Azerail

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Mit freundlichen Gr&uuml;ssen / with kind regards

Felix Roennebeck

Senior System Administrator

VIP Enterprise 8 | THE POWER OF CONTENT AT WORK

Gauss Interprise AG    Phone: +49-40-3250-1590
Weidestr. 120a         Fax:   +49-40-3250-19-1590
D-22083 Hamburg        eMail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Felix.Roennebeck@gaussvip.com";>Felix.Roennebeck@gaussvip.com</a>
Germany                Web:   <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.gaussvip.com";>http://www.gaussvip.com</a>
</pre>