AW: [Full-Disclosure] Re: Filtering sobig with postfix

> > /see attached file for details/	REJECT
>
> this incurs a factor 2-4 performance drop, and it could also elicit
> false positives. you should definitely do more than just REJECT
> (i.e. write out a message: s/REJECT/554 Suspected virus/).

Agree, a message would be good.

> also, this is more the job of a content filter than of an MTA.

True. But this solution offers two advantages:

a) it's a quick hack, it works (apparently), and it was easy to
   do it on a tuesday morning without installing all kinds of
   additional filters.

b) I never have to store the crap on my own system. Let the windos
   users choke on it, even at €1/GB my harddisk space is too
   expensive to store their virus spam.

Tom

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html