RE: [Full-Disclosure] east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Full-Disclosure] east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I Caught the PBS doco, thought it was quite interesting.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I got the secion on the power grid &amp; SCADA systems online if anyone is interested</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://scooby.oranged.to/cyberwar/4_hi.mov"; TARGET="_blank">http://scooby.oranged.to/cyberwar/4_hi.mov</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Enjoy</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Kane</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Andre Ludwig [<A HREF="mailto:ALudwig@Calfingroup.com";>mailto:ALudwig@Calfingroup.com</A>] </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Friday, 15 August 2003 10:15 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: 'KF'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Cc: 'full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>It is my general feeling that the power failure could be SCADA related.&nbsp; If it was an attack or an accident i do not know, nor do i think the appropriate information will ever be released to the public.&nbsp; Allot of SCADA systems from my research do RUN MS software (from win95 all the way up to win2000), granted these are not full fledge systems but stripped down machines with some functionality disabled.&nbsp; I have found out that RPC is used on several SCADA systems, to what extent i do not know, nor do i know if they are vulnerable to the recent rash of RPC based exploits.&nbsp; If someone with more knowledge on these systems can please come forward i would greatly appreciate it. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Did anyone watch the PBS cyber war series that was on months ago?&nbsp; I remember Richard Clarke ranting about possible SCADA attacks on the power grid. If anyone has more info please do come forward as this is a rather interesting subject matter.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Andre Ludwig, CISSP</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: KF [<A HREF="mailto:dotslash@snosoft.com";>mailto:dotslash@snosoft.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 3:54 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: full-disclosure@lists.netsys.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: [Full-Disclosure] east coast powergrid / SCADA [OT?]</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Anyone wanna comment on SCADA and the &quot;cascading failure&quot; that happened </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>today in the north east, like potential for a similar outage from a </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>&quot;cyber based&quot; attack, etc? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Sorry ... I need to read about something other than blaster before I go </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>insane. =]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>-KF</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>_______________________________________________</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Charter: <A HREF="http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html"; TARGET="_blank">http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Charter: <A HREF="http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html"; TARGET="_blank">http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html</A></FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

<HTML><BODY><BR>
CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient,please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.  <BR>
</BODY></HTML>