RE: [Full-Disclosure] aside: worm vs. worm?

Andrew,

# Would anyone consider releasing a patching
# worm on their own network if they knew it wouldn't spread to
# the rest of the internet or is there a downside to this notion which I'm
# not realizing?

A worm is a worm is a worm is a worm.

I am most certainly not a big fan of software I can't control,
executing in an arbitrary manner on hosts I hope to control...

I understand what you mean, and where you are going, but
if that is what you want, then I think Microsoft SMS, Shavlik,
Pedestal, and others have highly effective solutions w/out
releasing code that can potentially run in an arbitrary manner...

My $0.01 USD, deprecated for current market value,

Arian J. Evans
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html