Re: Re: A Nasty Security Bug that affect PGP Virtual Disks & PGP SDA , PGP 8.x & 9.x and Truecrypt.

----------[SNIP]------------
yes so a random key K is used to encrypt all the data on the volume; the
passphrase is used to encrypt the key K. This design allows to change the
passphrase without reencrypting the whole drive (only K needs to be
reencrypted).

the only weekness i see in this process is if we are using virtual disk & the
file gets fragmented during the I/O of changing the passphrase (s) the old
volume header might stay in some part of disk but which is again very hard PIN
point it. (Check: Header Key Derivation, Salt... scheme of truecrypt)

but yes when we change the passpharse I'M DOUBTFUL if TrueCrypy overwrites the
sectors in the hdd. with atlest few wipes before it overwrites a new header.

redards,
-bipin
http://bipin.tk