Re: Diebold Global Election Management System (GEMS) Backdoor Account Allows Authenticated Users to Modify Votes

Am Di, den 21.09.2004 schrieb pressinfo@xxxxxxxxxxx um 17:05:

> Diebold strongly refutes the existence of any "back doors" or "hidden codes"
> in its GEMS software.  These inaccurate allegations appear to stem from those
> not
> familiar with the product, misunderstanding the purpose of legitimate
> structures
>  in the database.  These structures are well documented and have been
> reviewed
> (including at a source code level) by independent testing authorities as
> required
> by federal election regulations.

Last thing I remember is that these "reviews" resulted in a  rather
devastating verdict for the product. Would you like to provide a link to
an updated, independant review ? Having the source-code opened would
help, too.
Also, IIRC, your company is now being sued at least by one US-state over
"false claims".

cheers,
Rainer
--
~     Rainer Duffner - rainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~