Re: International DNS compromise?

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:11:01PM -0700, Zhen Shi wrote:
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    nosuchhost.rfa.org
> Address:  64.33.99.47
>
>   What on earth is really going on here? It seems the
> DNS system is messed up between US and China, and its
> integrity is compromised. People can be unknowingly
> redirected to any where ...

Think it's safe to say that's been the case with being behind the
China national firewall for a while. ;)

Does this happen for other domain names?  From what I know of the
Chinese government, they have no love for organizations like Radio Free
Asia...wouldn't surprise me if they're blocking blocking useful
to go there.

John