Re: [Full-disclosure] [Windows XP] possible privilege escalation

From: NSC <news-letters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hello,

are you sure you didn't launch wmplayer form the setup process (something
like: start wmplayer when setup is complete).

Hmm, the setup program (.exe which runs an .msi) installs a classic "annoying" developpement app (the other day it was some Microsoft Office suite product). I doubt it would launch WMP for any reason, if it's what you meant.
To get rid of the doubt, I just retried the installation process being logged in as Admin, and nope, it didn't launch WMP.

Best regards,

-- Pif