Re: [Full-disclosure] KSpynix ::: the Unix version of KSpyware? (Proof Of Concept)

khaalel wrote:

I writed KSpynix because i didn't find an unix spyware, do you have
one?

I wonder, though, is this an ethical act?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Proof of Concept code -- however, there's a difference between writing a POC for a buffer overflow and writing a trojan horse or a worm. I think that most people would class a spyware application as being malware outright, not a POC.

Regarding a spyware POC: I don't think that one's really necessary. Only an idiot would question whether or not files that the user has write access to can be modified by running code. The answer is pretty obvious.

So I really don't see a legitimate use for this package except for hijacking portions of a user's system.

I don't begrudge you the right to do what you wish, but I question the validity of an ethical argument for this package.

                  -Barry