Re: [Full-disclosure] Sprint telco service?

KF (lists) wrote:

I am interested in hearing from folks with stories similar to this:

http://www.security-focus.com/news/10083

Ever hear weird shit on your phone line? Weird billing errors? Weird non dtmf tones randomly stray into your conversations? Had your lines redirected? Have extra lines that you did not ask for? Do DMS100's give you a
hard on?

shoot me a private email. hell if ya feel like it talk about it on list.

-KF

I have had a number of weird things with all telcos. In fact one happened today. If you're not on the West Coast ofg NOrth AMerican sorry to bore you with local meteorology. I called a friend to talk about my travails in moving out of the place I was in and into a real two bedroom apartment with a friend. When I called this freind I heard a voice that said: "Well with the amount of moisture you can feel in the air..." I said "hello" and I got no answer ...I tried calling his number back and got no answer and then got a busy signal....then I tried later and got the usual answwwering machine.

The strange stray voices or "ghost voices" as I sometimes call them I have gotten a lot. Weirdly I have accidentally called a local bumber and go some phone company linemaan's service in some state many miles away. If people were intertested I could dig them up. I might ask if anyone remembers 8BBS, Bernie Klatt, Suisan Thunder or other people there and "Bow Wow Net"...

Have Fun, Sends Steve

P.S. I dunno if this is the place for this sort of thing......I would like to know where one gets tthe numbers that one calls that repeat your number back to you etc.