Re: [Full-Disclosure] Automated SSH login attempts?

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:39:55 EDT, "Neal O'Creat" said:
> Could it be possible that there are different versions of this, one
> making noise and one much rarer one with an exploit?

It's more likely that there's one version, making noise and very rarely finding
a box with stupid passwords.  It's possible there's another rare version that
tries several stupid passwords and a few old SSH vulnerabilities.  Is there
*any* reliable evidence (even a single box) that appears to have been nailed by
a new exploit?

I'll gladly change my mind, but it will take somebody actually finding a
box running a *recent* SSH and had guest/test/and_so_on properly secured,
and the attack *still* got in....