Re: [Full-Disclosure] Automated SSH login attempts?

On 22 Jul 2004, at 07:47, Jay Libove wrote:
[ Posted to full disclosure and vulnwatch; please edit reply address(es)
as appropriate. Thanks. -Jay ]

My Linux system, and a Linux system run by a friend here in the same city
but on a completely different netblock (different ISP), have both seen
apparently automated attempts to log in to our systems via SSH in the past
few days. Looks like a script.

I've seen the same, coming from hosts all over the Net. The accounts tried seem to be "guest", "test", "root", and "admin". First hit was around 11:15 PM PST, 22 July.