Re: [Full-Disclosure] Hacking Challenge?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:48:13 CDT, Ron DuFresne said:

> I have a different question;  how does one acertain that this is indeed an
> open 'hacker challenege'?  Could be a critical production server for the
> swedish banking system and folks tapping upon it;s service could end up
> finding that the legal authorities are bashing down the backdoor shortly
> after tapping the tcp/udp ports it might have or might not have exposed.
> Get-out-of-jail-free cards are not assured here are they?

If the type of hacker that would be attracted by a mere $137 prize poses
any threat to a critical production server, the site has *bigger* problems. :)

And if the hacker's moral system says it's OK to hack without having the
get-out-of-jail-free card in hand in advance, well... that's the hacker's
problem. ;)