Re: [Full-Disclosure] Hacking Challenge?

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 06:25, Daniel Hedblom wrote:
> Since when was statistics good for anything besides a way of show exactly
> the point you want to make and make it look scientific? Take any linux
> distribution and strip off everything besides the corresponding things in
> Windows 2003 server. I know, there wont be much left but the figures will
> be atleast comparable since a normal linux dist has so much more
> applications than Windows 2003 server has.

I hear statistics are helpful in quantum physics.

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 04:02, Youssef JAD wrote:
> > Did you know that the statistics say that UNIX/Linux systems are more
> > vulnerable than Windows 2003 Servers ?
> > That's the reality, and you need to stick with it ;)
On the other hand, I agree that in this case they are utterly worthless.
First and foremost, this person is grouping Linux and Unix together.
This is the first sign of people not knowing what they are talking
about.  I'm
Secondly, this is MS propaganda. I can find/compile a(n) equivalent
number of statistics that show otherwise.
Additionally, your statement: "That's the reality, you need to stick
with it" shows me that this person takes such numbers to heart and no
amount of deductive logic is going to change their distorted perception
of reality.
Finally, they forgot to include the reference.

-Dan

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html