Re: [Full-Disclosure] A Popup! In Mozilla!

Add the following to adblock

http://2-spyware.com/images/*

On Jul 21, 2004, at 1:44 AM, Dave King wrote:

This isn't a normal "popup" in that it doesn't open a new browser window. All they're doing is placing this great animated gif over the middle of the page using absolute positioning in the DIV tag. Notice that it looks like an IE window even in Firefox. Really this is a sneaky trick that is pretty annoying. I think this type of ad placement is going to be hard to block since most of the time absolute positioning images is just part of the normal page and has nothing to do with ads, even though I guess at one time pop-ups were used legitimately almost exclusively. At least this page seems to be thoughtful enough to only display the ad the first time you visit it. Tricky little devils aren't they (and getting trickier all the time).

Charles Richmond

      Implemented Integrated Systems Corporation  http://www.iisc.com
    O/S, I18N, Systems Development, Process and Integration Providers
    cmr@xxxxxxxx   cmr@xxxxxxx   YIM:cmriisc  http://www.iisc.com/cmr
           7B West St., Somerville, Ma. USA 02144  (781) 389 9777

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html