Re: [Full-Disclosure] A Popup! In Mozilla!

On 20 Jul 2004, at 21:13, James Woodcock wrote:
This might seem like it should be going to a webdev list, but there's a possible security implication, so here goes;

http://2-spyware.com/file-cnfrm-exe.html

In Mozilla 1.5 and FireFox 0.9 with the pop-up blocker turned on, I get a pop-up! It's purporting to be an important notice from my Network Administrator - you'll probably recognise it;

http://2-spyware.com/images/2SPYRR1C.gif

Surprise! It's not actually a popup - just an image floated above the web page. Annoying, yes, but not an actual window, and therefore not really a popup (at least, not one of the sort that Mozilla tries to block).