RE: [Full-Disclosure] New Attack on Secure Browsing (fwd)

This is Social Engineering, and a damn fine example!

This is in fact a pretty good fake-out: I'm sorry I didn't think of it
myself.

The obvious use here is in phishing expeditions: people *expect* that
little lock to be somewhere on the screen, but how many of them would
think "oh.  it's in the wrong place - it's fake."?  Far too few I'm
afraid.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@xxxxxxx

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."      Osama Bin Laden
        - - -

  "There aught to be limits to freedom!"    George Bush
        - - -

Which one scares you more?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html