RE: [Full-Disclosure] Erasing a hard disk easily

hello

i've read that physically removing the disk plates
from a modern hard disk is more than enough to make
the information contained there imposible to read. the
servo information that is stored on each plate is very
sensitive to the relative position of the disks
themselves and the heads on the disk at the moment
that the disk is build so if you phisically remove the
disk plates from the spinddle it is almost imposible
to correctly align all the plates in order to
reconstruct the servo information needed in order to
make the "hard disk" work correctly...

saludos

javier

--- "Schmidt, Michael R."