Re: [Full-Disclosure] Firefox 0.92 DoS via TinyBMP

> This is precisely the point that almost everyone is missing
> completely (but still clamoring "it works on X, it doesn't work on
> Y"), and that Sapheriel pinpointed: the core problem lies in the
> Windows .bmp implementation.
>
> So, I wonder aloud, what is the purpose of publishing 'advisories'
> that misattribute this flaw to IE [1] or Firefox or any of the other
> hundreds or thousands of programs that use it and can be DoSed as a
> result?

Admittedly; but here's the question: if it's all the fault of Windows
.bmp implementation, or the fact that it's about a gig of data, why
are certain browsers (like mine) not vulnerable to it? I'm going to
the same page as anyone else...

--

[stlst]

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.