RE: [Full-Disclosure] MicroSopht IE (on XPee only) launches messenger by callto:gates or outlook by outlook:calendar protocols

GO> Micro$opht IE (on XPee only) launches messenger by callto:gates or
GO> outlook by outlook:calendar protocols

>>Is there anything you can do to Outlook that way, or will it just open?

Here's the documentation on the outlook: scheme:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP052428041033&CTT=8&Origin=
EC011081751033&Product=out2003

Here's a link to it that won't be broken up by your mail client:
http://tinyurl.com/2m2cp

I've tried this in a bunch of ways and what it does is to open up Outlook to the
appropriate location. If you load it from an IFRAME the frame is empty with a
syntax
error. I'm also really curious how this could be exploited.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.ziffdavis.com/seltzer