Re: [Full-Disclosure] Web sites compromised by IIS attack

Maarten wrote:

On Friday 02 July 2004 23:33, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

No, I'm not wrong.

The discussion is about who's responsible for support of said software.
There's no obligation through the GNU GPL that support is required if
money changes hands, however the point of the discussion is who's
responsible for support of said software in a situation where the
software produced is broken and supported.

Red Hat sells support. The act of taking binaries and actively and
intentionally redistributing them is a support service.

Well that is open to debate. If I just download Redhat, they make no money off me. Do they still have to fix my software then ? Are they responsible ?

Nope - it's the act of exchanging money for the support contract that makes the obligated to provide said support.

-Barry

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html